You must log
Informtion: The purpose of the European renal association - European dialysis and transplant association Young Fellowship Programme is to support basic and
clinical research in the field of Nephrology in the ERA-EDTA geographical area*.
In addition, the ERA-EDTA Young Fellowship Programme will facilitate scientific
exchange and collaboration among Research Institutions of the ERA-EDTA geographical
area and clinical cooperation among Renal Centres of the same area.
The ERA-EDTA supports two different kinds of Fellowships, long or short term, for the
1) Research Fellowships, which can be long or short term Fellowships, intended for
advanced training through research and/or promoting a research collaboration
between two institutions;
2) Clinical Fellowships* (only short term Fellowships), intended for training in specific
clinical techniques (e.g. renal biopsy and pathology, epidemiological and statistical
skills, renal ultrasound, etc).
3) Special Fellowships (related to ERA-EDTA bodies/committees, as well as the
special “Greek” fellowship).
4) ERA-EDTA Registry Fellowships (fellowships for training renal registry staff - short
term only; ultra short research fellowships). To these fellowships different rules
may apply as outlined later in this document.
The next deadline to apply is February 7, 2017.
- The applicants for both long term and short term Fellowships must have lived and worked
/ studied in a country of the ERA-EDTA geographical area for at least 3 consecutive years
at the time of submitting their application.
- Applications are only considered from candidates whose age will not be over 40 at the
beginning of the Fellowship.
- On completion of the Fellowship, the applicants should return back home and thus must
have the possibility to return to their Home Institutions or to an 'equivalent Institution'.
This letter must be submitted with the application form.
- In each category (short / long) a candidate can be funded only once.
- Applications have to be submitted online through the ERA-EDTA website.
- The fellowship procedure should start without any further significant delay after
reception of approval and not later than six months from the notification of approval by
the ERA-EDTA Young Fellowship Department.
Budget: 23 000 - 60 000 EUR (depends on the country).
You must log
Information: ERA-EDTA has decided to give up to 90 travel grants to attend the Madrid Congress on 3-6th of June to the best rated abstracts in the various categories.
- The Presenting Authors must be 40 years old, or younger
- By December 31, 2017.
The Presenting Authors of the two best abstracts of each category, independently of age, will also receive a diploma.
Budget: grant for EUR 500, except for the Presenting Authors of the best abstracts of each category whose grant will be of EUR 1,000, plus free congress membership.
You must log
Information: Thanks to a generous grant from the International Society of Geriatric Nephrology and Urology (ISGNU), meant to honour the memory of Prof. Dimitrious G. Oreopoulos, European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association will give a travel grant of EUR 1,500 to the best abstract on geriatric nephrology.
- Abstract submitted by a young author (40 years old, or younger, by December 31, 2017).
- Abstracts can be related to all aspects of geriatric nephrology and can be submitted under any of the abstract categories.
- To apply, you should fill in the appropriate fields during the abstract submission.
Budget: EUR 1,500